Double Room; Redland; Parking; Most bills Inc.
(Please note the current bedroom pic is of old furnishings to illustrate - it's empty at the moment.)
Double room available in large, modern flat, just off Whiteladies road on a lovely tree-lined side-street. There's a small communal lawn out front and allocated enclosed parking is available. Sharing with 1 friendly, laid-back male early 30s.
The flat is a spacious, open-plan layout (total ~1000 sq ft) with large kitchen and distinct dining, living and study areas; all modern finish and south-facing with loads of sun*, nice views of the tree-lined road and Georgian houses opposite. There’s space in the dining room for your own desk if you need to work from home. The bathroom has a sink and shower over bath; toilet room is separate. There’s additional storage in the hall/cupboard for shoes, coats, suitcases etc. There are a few options for bike storage, including a lockable shed (which can also house some long-term items if needed). Other amenities:
- Fully-equipped kitchen including dishwasher, breakfast bar and plenty of culinary devices
- Washing machine with dryer
- 50” 4K TV with Soundbar; Netflix, Now TV Films + Entertainment & Prime TV + Movies (for the moment anyway – it is lockdown after all!)
- Hopefully a regular cleaner by the time you move in
- Communal lift (makes moving much easier!)
The room itself is:
- Quiet (bedrooms are located at the back with a nice view of the church opposite)
- Available fully-, part-, or unfurnished depending on your preference (happy to accommodate)
- Approx. 3x3 m; able to fit a double bed plus small desk and 2-3 free-standing storage units (currently a chest of drawers, shelving unit and wardrobe) – this can all be tailored (e. g. no desk if you prefer one in the living area)
We are a stone's throw from Whiteladies with many lovely restaurants, bars and shops, perfectly located halfway between Clifton Down station/shopping and the beautiful Clifton Downs themselves (5 min. walk to each). We're also right next to Chandos Road, Cotham Hill etc. and a 20-25 min. walk to the BRI/BRHC, University, Triangle etc. There are regular buses along Whiteladies into town/elsewhere and up to Cribbs Causeway; the nearest stop is 2 min. away. It’s about a 25 min. walk to Clifton Village or College Green. Roughly 1 billion restaurants deliver here.**
The rent includes all bills apart from electricity which is shared (~£25-£50 each, depending on season)***: council tax, building maintenance, water, broadband, TV licence, cleaner and entertainment packages all paid for. Your own contents insurance would be extra. Allocated parking space +£50/month negotiable.
I've had 3 lodgers before of varying terms up to a year, and I prefer a rolling arrangement.
My partner works away and will visit regularly (probably a couple days/week on average), but for the most part only I'll be here. She works in healthcare, so please be aware of that in case you are shielding.
I'm looking for the right person to share a home. I mainly work from here at the moment and there's plenty of space in the shared living area (including your own desk) if you’re the same. My partner and I are both very laid back and sociable, we enjoy meal/games nights with friends and the vibe of Bristol whenever possible (think countryside, funky restaurant or sitting outside the Arnolfini/King Street****, rather than hitting the clubs). We recycle all we can, and there are at least 3 organic/zero-packaging shops in walking distance (one can be seen from the flat!) We're pescatarian and preference would be for a non-meat eater. No heavy smokers (social fine). All genders/inclinations/species of professional or mature student welcome. Visiting partners fine, but no couples sorry. Pet considered depending on type and size!
** IMPORTANT ** The bathroom is due to be completely renovated (will look much nicer than the current pics!) but due to the lockdown it’ll probably happen in Sep/Oct. I will happily reduce/refund rent pro-rata for the duration, but please be aware there’ll be some inconvenience whilst it happens. I’ll update this when I have exact dates, in case you’d prefer to move in afterwards!
Physical or virtual viewings possible. Any questions just ask :-)
* Unfortunately can't be guaranteed!
*** Heating is electric (in the ceiling would you believe); there’s no gas. I just keep track of usage and ask for half the money each month, so we’re both conscious of it. If you need your name on the electric or tax bill that’s no problem.
**** Lockdown permitting of course
- Flat share
- £575 pcm (double)
- Minimum term
- 1 month
- Maximum term
- Short lets considered
- Bills included?
- Disabled access
- Living room
- Broadband included
- # flatmates
- Total # rooms
- Any pets?
- Travelling, Music, Food, Comedy, Yoga, Board Games, Nature / Outdoors, Jogging, Science / Politics etc.
New flatmate preferences
- Couples OK?
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
- Don't mind
- Males or females
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and let us know if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a live in landlord