Very Nice Large Dbl Rm to rent in Superb Flatshare
Very Nice Large Double Room to rent in superb flat / house share for very clean and tidy, non-smoking, considerate, friendly, respectful professional person.
£650 / mth, incl. all bills + free WiFi extra free. Deposit & References essential!
PLEASE NOTE: THERE ARE NO (ADDITIONAL) AGENCY ADMIN, CONTRACT RENEWAL, TENANT REFERENCING, TENANCY AGREEMENT DRAFTING FEES & COMMISSIONS, ETC, TO PAY…I PROVIDE THESE SERVICES (WHERE NECESSARY) FREE OF CHARGE!!!
Just off the Walworth Road in central London. Minutes walk to Elephant & Castle (zone 1/2), Camberwell and / or Kennington. An amazing choice of buses to all areas of London (only 3 - 5 minutes by bus to Elephant and Castle, in one direction, or to Camberwell, in the other)!
A very nice large Double Room for rent in a superb Flat-Share (which is part of a beautiful 3 storey Victorian-style House-Share). However, you'll only share your flat with two other people (a couple)!
A large, comfortable and airy space with a large window to the back of the house, beautiful laminate flooring, warm (double) radiator, very comfortable double bed, one large wardrobe, chest of drawers, computer desk and mirror
Generally: beautifully bright and well maintained with light, warm paint colours in all the rooms and communal areas, and solid oak wood flooring throughout.
- Spacious eat-in kitchen with electric double oven and hob; large fridge/freezer; microwave; toaster; kettle and (shared) washing machine. Well equipped with pots, pans and crockery, etc, table and chairs.
- Bright and airy living room with a sofa, coffee table, and (possibly) a T. V.
- Crisply decorated bathroom including long bath, shower unit, wash basin and separate toilet
- Private front and rear patios.
- Gas central heating throughout (including recently installed new boiler!).
- All bills (gas, electricity, water, TV, council tax).
- Free unlimited WiFi is provided extra free
- A peaceful oasis in vibrant Central London, all the craziness and culture this international city can offer, national and international connections at your fingertips, a warm home, generally friendly housemates, happy days.
- Tube: Elephant & Castle (zone 1/2 – so travel is cheaper), Bakerloo and Northern lines, 10 - 12 min walk, 3 – 5 min on the bus; Kennington (zone 2), Northern line, access to both branches.
- Train + Thameslink: Elephant & Castle (zone 1/2) 10 - 12 min walk; London Bridge and Waterloo, for national connections, and Vauxhall and Denmark Hill, for local connections, also within walking distance.
- Bus: forty six bus routes pass through Elephant & Castle, plus thirty one night buses, many of which stop 1 - 2 min walk from the house (on the Walworth or Camberwell roads).
- Bike: Boris bike station 5 min walk (approx), several others by Elephant & Castle station. Many cycle routes including CS7.
- Parking: parking permits can be applied for (to Southwark Council), for short or long-term residents.
- Foot: walk everywhere! Borough Market is 20 min away, London Bridge is 30 min, the South Bank is 40 min, Covent Garden and Leicester Square are 50 min, Euston is one hour. The world is at the tips of your fingers (or toes).
- Generally: fun, multicultural area; safe, quiet up and coming neighbourhood.
- Shops, bars and restaurants: Morrison’s, Tesco metro, M & S, Co-op and Boots all within 5 min walk; plus several high street chains including Superdrug and Argos, and various pound shops, etc.
Because it is a very multicultural area, there are also loads of small, independent businesses: shops selling everything you could ever need at knock-down prices; innumerable little eating joints serving food from all corners of the world; lots of local pubs with very different feels, and the world-famous Ministry of Sound close to the Elephant & Castle, as well as being within walking distance of Brixton. It’s also ridiculously well-connected, so you can get to Central or East London (or anywhere else) at any time of day or night very easily.
- Markets: East Street, awesome, eclectic, and unbelievably cheap, is 5 min walk away; Borough market, Lower Marsh food market, Bermondsey Square Farmers and Antiques markets, Oval Farmers’ market, and New Covent Garden flower markets are all walkable, or between 5 – 15 minutes (at the most) on the bus.
- Parks: within 2 - 5 min walk of beautiful, leafy Burgess and Kennington parks. Burgess Park also has a big lake with fishing!
- Culture: The South Bank centre, including Hayward Gallery, National Theatre and Royal Festival Hall is walkable, as are the Imax cinema at Waterloo, the National Film Museum, Shakespeare’s Globe, the Imperial War Museum, Tate Modern, London Dungeon, Garden Museum, Royal Opera House, Coliseum, Covent Garden, Leicester Square, West End… Just for a start! There is also a small local museum of Walworth, a local theatre company, and libraries.
- Sport: Gyms on the Walworth Road and now also at the Elephant & Castle are open 24 hours, 2 – 12 min walk from the house; inexpensive swimming, gym and exercise classes at Camberwell Leisure Centre (12 min walk in the other direction); bouldering facilities at Vauxhall, London Bridge and Bermondsey; several local parks (see above), including Burgess Park, which also has tennis, table tennis, football, rugby, fishing, outdoor gym, BBQ sites and BMX biking facilities, etc. Oval cricket ground, for international cricket, is 15 min walk away.
- £650 pcm (double)
- 19 Jan 2021
- Minimum term
- 6 months
- Maximum term
- Bills included?
- Disabled access
- Living room
- Broadband included
- # flatmates
- Total # rooms
- 25 to 32
- Any pets?
- 2 Males
New flatmate preferences
- Couples OK?
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
- Min age
- Max age
- Males or females
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and let us know if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a live out landlord