Small cheap room in Victorian flat, zone 2
There's a single room available in my Telegraph Hill top floor flat. The move-in date is between 28th January and 1st February.
It could be ideal if you're looking for a small cheap room in zone 2 for anything up to a year. In the past it's often been rented by international/postgraduate students, interns, or people on work placements or starting a new career.
The room is warm and quiet. It's at the side of the house, next to the bathroom. The single bed has a really good quality mattress and there's storage space underneath. I could put in a clothes rail instead of the armchair or chest-of-drawers if you preferred. I can provide clean bedding.
There's also a double room that I might rent out later - looking for someone we'll both get on with!
* A very nice cat, Vincent;
* Space to store a bike in the communal hallway;
* A bathroom with bath & shower & never-ending hot water;
* A large and well-equipped kitchen. There's a big four-seater table for meals/reading/working/ socialising, with speakers for playing music.
* There's a washing machine, but within the next month this will be upgraded to a washer-dryer;
* The 50-foot back-half of the garden, with a bench where you can sit besides a big old apple tree. You'll see squirrels, frogs, foxes, and sometimes a flock of parakeets.
I've lived in London ever since coming here for university. I have a flexible schedule but keep regular hours. This past year I did a lot of Bikram yoga. I've been nine years in this house now. I'm a friendly, talkative and social, but respectful person to share with.
The Telegraph Hill conservation area is a pleasant and safe place to live. The flat is just three minutes' walk from Telegraph Hill Upper Park, with one of the best views in south London, and also the rolling landscape of the Lower Park.
Ten minutes' walk is Nunhead high street where there's a fishmonger, butcher, bakers, greengrocer, and an artisan coffee shop. And it's twenty minutes' walk to Rye Lane, Peckham, where there's a cinema, gym, bars, etc.
From here it's easy to reach Canary Wharf, Victoria, Blackfriars, London Bridge, Farringdon, and Shoreditch. The nearest stations to the house are Nunhead (8 minutes), Brockley and New Cross Gate (15 minutes). There are also buses to the West End, or you can get on the Jubilee line at Canada Water. Oxford Circus is 45 minutes by train and tube.
There's always quite a bit of interest in this room, so please tell me something about yourself when you message. I'll be holding viewings from today onwards.
And finally. if this advert is still up then, yes, the room's still available. Thanks for reading!
- £450 pcm (single)
- 28 Jan 2020
- Minimum term
- 3 months
- Maximum term
- 12 months
- Short lets considered
- Bills included?
- Disabled access
- Living room
- Broadband included
- # flatmates
- Total # rooms
- Any pets?
- Flea markets, good coffee places, classical, jazz & electronic music
New flatmate preferences
- Couples OK?
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
- Don't mind
- Housing Benefit
- Min age
- Max age
- Males or females
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and let us know if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a current flatmate