Cosy room in garden flat, Central Brighton
AVAILABLE 4th JANUARY: Smaller, cosy room with 3 windows looking out onto the garden.
TAKEN: Large double room with lovely view of the garden where you'll see butterflies and birds.
LOCATION AND TRANSPORT:
The flat is in a great location, as it's 4 mins walk to Brighton Station, 3 mins to the North Laine and 5 mins to Churchill Square. However, the area is very quiet, so you get the best of both worlds - nice area AND very close to town. I've saved a fortune on bus and cab fares living here as pretty much everything is within walking distance - from Hove, to Kemptown to Preston Park and obviously everything in town and the beaches. However, if you do need to get the bus to work, all the major stops are within a few minutes walk.
LARGE SINGLE/SMALL DOUBLE
There is an incredibly comfortable single bed in there, but I could also provide a double mattress if you prefer. Wardrobe, desk, chair, mirror and chest of drawers.
I am female, omnivore and smoker. My flatmate is male, omnivore, non-smoker and there is also his very quiet cat.
I've been learning that connection with nature and spending time in real sunlight are essential to our health. Both of these needs are met by a fantastic garden that's on 2 levels - a nice patio area just outside the kitchen and then a lower garden with picnic bench, raised beds and electric point if you want to charge your laptop whilst you work on it sitting in the sun. The outside space is also useful if you smoke and would like to go outside for a cigarette.
Shared bathroom with large bath and decent shower. It's an unusually clean, large and nice bathroom by Brighton standards. Full gas central heating with a combi boiler so you have hot water whenever you need it. People have been telling me about cold flats in Brighton and that they don't have gas central heating, but you'll be cosy and warm here.
The bedrooms are all separated from each other by the bathroom and kitchen, so that means we don't annoy each other with noise and can have a lot of privacy.
All crockery, cutlery, kitchen utensils, towels and some bed linen are supplied. There's a very good washing machine and 3 clothes airers. There's a spare mattress in case you need to have friends staying over.
There's no TV licence. Virgin fibre optic broadband is available with good signal throughout the flat and garden.
BILLS AND DEPOSIT
Bills included in the rent, and 5 weeks deposit payable which is £550 for the smaller room.
WHAT IT'S LIKE TO LIVE HERE ACCORDING TO ONE OF THE PREVIOUS RESIDENTS:
"How can I say about my room at your place? I can say that it's a quiet, cozy and romantic room, with a wonderful view on the garden, very bright in the morning and warm.
Living with you means respect, fun, amazing conversations and feelings, a lot of them, and nothing is more important than that. You're everytime inspiring, because of your way to be and your deep thoughts. I will miss you, I will miss our hugs so you can write that living there was the best opportunity for a new kid in town :)"
IS THIS YOU?
You will enjoy living here if:
- you want to be in central Brighton and all it has to offer including being a relatively short walk to the beach, but simultaneously you like a quiet neighbourhood
- you like nature and would enjoy outside space and being able to enjoy the sun in the garden (a rarity in Brighton)
- you would like a large room with a garden view
- you commute and need to be close to Brighton station or bus stops to all places in Sussex
- you are are sociable, friendly and considerate of other's needs
- you appreciate a home that's clean and tidy
You will not enjoy living here if:
- you need to make a lot of noise
- you are inconsiderate of other's needs and feelings
- you are unreliable with doing your washing up and cleaning
- you need to smoke anything other than tobacco, although you are welcome to vape
We share the cleaning tasks and expenses for cleaning materials. We use apps to manage this.
Well behaved cats will be considered as there is a cat flap and decent garden. You would be responsible for litter trays, feeding, and extra vacuuming to deal with pet hair and so on.
I can consider short lets (6 weeks or less) but this will be at a higher rent of £175 per week inclusive of bills. You will still need to pay a £350 deposit, which is returnable upon your departure.
TO SEE IF THIS FLAT IS A GOOD FIT FOR YOU, PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN YOUR MESSAGE TO ME:
1) Have you read the whole of this advert?
2) Are you OK paying £600 per month including all bills?
3) What are your dates - when do you need the room from and is that flexible at all? And for how long?
4) What is your age, gender, where are you from and what is your occupation?
5) Why are you moving?
6) What are your interests?
7) What's most important to you in the room you choose? e. g. Price, Location, People, Peace and quiet, Facilities, Size of room, party house, etc
8) Are you able to provide proof of income or affordability plus a reference from your most recent landlord?
Thanks for taking the time to read this advert and if you're interested in living here, please reply with answers to the questions above. I look forward to hearing from you and possibly welcoming you into our household in the near future!! :-)
- Flat share
£600 pcm(NOW LET)
- £550 pcm (single)
- Minimum term
- Maximum term
- 18 months
- Short lets considered
- Bills included?
- Disabled access
- Living room
- Broadband included
- # flatmates
- Total # rooms
- 32 to 53
- Any pets?
- Evolving consciousness, hooping, dance, music, singing, raving, business, digital business, socialising
- 1 Female, 1 Male
New flatmate preferences
- Couples OK?
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
- Housing Benefit
- Min age
- Max age
- Males or females
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and let us know if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a live in landlord