Quality big double in clean 3-person home + garden
How would you like to live in an actual home, lovingly furnished and cared for? With only two other people who know and respect you?
This gorgeous, bright, peaceful house is situated in a quiet cul-de-sac in zone 1, where neighbours speak to each other and kids play in the street in summer. We have a garden, unlimited fast fibre broadband, and a free cleaner every week. Proper contract offered, all bills included, and no hidden charges.
Walk anywhere in central London, or Elephant & Castle is a 10 min walk, Kennington 8 min walk; half the buses in London (!) stop at the end of the road; several national connections are at your fingertips. The local area has all the shops you could want, both chains and independents, as well as restaurants and parks, and an exciting new boutique development. It's amazing.
This large, bright, welcoming 12.5 m2 double comes with loads of storage. It’s spacious and airy with two pairs of windows, both double glazed, which overlook a small stand of trees and a cul-de-sac, so it's quiet and private; laminate flooring; large radiator. Memory foam mattress, two duvets for winter and summer use. Huge triple wardrobe; large chest of drawers; big computer desk in window, with large, comfy, adjustable swivel chair and lamp; bedside chest-of-drawers and lamp; full-length mirror. Loads more storage under the bed (and designated for you in the kitchen). South-facing, so you get the sun. For singles only, please.
Welcoming and decorated to a high standard with light, warm paint and laminate throughout. Unlimited wifi ultrafast fibre broadband.
- Bright, spacious eat-in kitchen with large table. Electric double oven and gas hob; large fridge/freezer; washing machine; microwave; toaster; kettle. Very well-equipped with pots and pans etc., electrical equipment (blenders, mixers, toastie maker etc.), crockery etc, cookery books. Large glass-topped table with four chairs, but could accommodate more.
- Crisply decorated bathroom including long bath, and shower with great water pressure and on-demand hot water!
- Downstairs cloakroom with toilet and large sink.
- Large area by stairs to keep coats and shoes.
- Private front garden with plants, bird feeder and patio, table, chairs and washing line, south-facing and sunny, ideal for BBQs or a bottle of wine on a summer’s evening, and peaceful.
- Double glazed and gas central heating throughout.
- Parking for bikes; residents' parking for cars can be paid for.
YOU AND ME:
This is my home and yours. It is hugely important to me that everyone here feels happy and respected, and looks out for each other and the house. I’m looking for someone who is considerate, clean, and friendly, and will treat their housemates and the house with similar care and respect as I do.
- Unlimited ultrafast fibre wifi broadband
- All bills (gas, electricity, water, TV, council tax, maintenance charges, cleaner).
- A peaceful oasis in vibrant Central London, all the craziness and culture this international city can offer, national and international connections at your fingertips, nice neighbours, friendly housemates, happy days.
People who live here generally walk into central London for work and pleasure – most of the centre is walkable, though anywhere in London and beyond is easily accessible from the incredible public transport options.
- Tube: Elephant & Castle (zone 1/2 – so travel is cheaper), Bakerloo and Northern lines, 12 min walk, 3 min on bus; Kennington (zone 2), Northern line, access to both branches, 8 mins. From there, 3 mins to Waterloo, 6 mins to London Bridge, 7 mins to Leicester Square.
- Train: Elephant & Castle (zone 1/2) 12 min walk; London Bridge and Waterloo, for national connections, and Vauxhall and Denmark Hill, for local connections, also within walking distance.
- Bus: 46 bus routes go through Elephant & Castle, plus 31 night buses, many of which stop 3 min walk from the house.
- Bike: Santander bike station 5 min walk, several others by Elephant & Castle station. Many cycle routes including CS7.
- Parking: parking permits can be applied for, for long-term residents.
- Foot: walk everywhere! Borough Market is 20 mins away, the South Bank is 30 mins, Covent Garden and Leicester Square are 50 mins, Euston is an hour, the world is at the tips of your fingers (or toes).
- Fun, multicultural area; safe, quiet neighbourhood.
- Shops, bars and restaurants: Morrison’s, Tesco and M & S all within 5 mins; several high street chains including Superdrug, Argos, pound shops, etc. Because it is a very multicultural area, there are also loads of small, independent businesses: shops selling everything you could ever need at knock-down prices; innumerable little eating joints serving food from all corners of the world; lots of local pubs with very different feels, and the world-famous Ministry of Sound, as well as being within walking distance of Peckham, Camberwell, and Brixton. It’s also ridiculously well-connected, so you can get to Central or East London (or anywhere else) at any time of day or night very easily.
- Markets: East Street, awesome, eclectic, and unbelievably cheap, is 5 min walk away; legendary Borough market and Mercato Metropolitano also a short walk; Lower Marsh food market, Bermondsey Square Farmers and Antique markets, Oval Farmers’ market, and New Covent Garden flower markets are all walkable.
- Parks: within 5 min walk of beautiful, leafy Kennington, Burgess, Pasley and Pelier parks. Burgess Park also has a big lake with fishing!
- Culture: The South Bank centre, including Hayward Gallery, National Theatre and Royal Festival Hall is walkable, as are the Imax cinema, National Film Museum, Shakespeare’s Globe, the Imperial War Museum, Tate Modern, London Dungeon, Garden Museum, Royal Opera House, Coliseum, Covent Garden, Leicester Square, West End… Just for a start! There is also a small local museum of Walworth, a local theatre company, and libraries, including the Feminist Library.
- Sport: free swim and gym at Camberwell or Elephant & Castle on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays; The Gym is open 24 hours, 2 min walk from the house; crossfit nearby; bouldering facilities at Vauxhall, London Bridge and Bermondsey; several local parks (see above), including Burgess, which has tennis, fishing and BMX biking facilities. Oval cricket ground, for international cricket, is 15 min walk.
- £797 pcm (double)
- Minimum term
- 6 months
- Maximum term
- Bills included?
- Disabled access
- Living room
- Broadband included
- # housemates
- Total # rooms
- 27 to 41
- Any pets?
- music, cooking, reading, dancing, wine, climbing, going out, friends, family, surfing, chilling, exploring london
- 1 Female, 1 Male
New housemate preferences
- Couples OK?
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
- Min age
- Males or females
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a live in landlord