Spacious double near RD&E
Fully refurbished and extended house.
Online 3D tour of the property available.
Virtual/video viewings are also available.
This Victorian mid-terraced house in Heavitree offers six new housemates a high end, beautifully furnished shared home. It also has two shower rooms and a sunny patio garden.
The house is within walking distance of the RD&E & St Luke’s, Heavitree’s pleasure grounds, nearby bus stops, Co-Op and Waitrose supermarkets, Tesco Express & petrol station, doctor and dentist surgeries, banks, bakeries, shops, post office, bars and cafes.
Heavitree ‘village’ is situated between the M5 and city centre.
ALL STOPWATCH LIVING LTD HOUSES:
• Non-smoking housemates.
• Age of housemates is typically in 20's and 30's.
• 350Mbps Virgin Business Broadband.
• All bills are included in the rent.
• Licenced by Exeter City Council.
• Fully furnished, high-end interiors.
• Direct contact with accredited landlord and excellent response rate.
• Minimum 40” TV with Freeview and DVD player.
• Fully equipped kitchen.
• Fridges & freezer/fridge-freezers
• Washing machine, dishwasher, oven and combination microwave.
• Tumble dryer
• Single occupancy room.
• Gas central heating and double glazing.
• Secure shed for bicycle storage.
• Garden and garden furniture.
All the bedrooms are fully furnished with either a standard sized double bed or a small sized double bed, all with a ‘cut-out’ storage base. All have a free standing or fitted wardrobe, bedside table, chest of drawers, full length mirror and most have a desk and chair.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
We have a weekly cleaning service All our houses are inspected and maintained for non-emergency works on a quarterly basis and housemates can let us know of maintenance issues via house group chats. We have a 24/7 emergency plumbing/building call out number. We have a gardener who visits once or twice a month to mow the lawns, weed and generally keep the gardens tidy.
After your viewing, if you are interested in one of our rooms, we will ask you to send us a holding deposit. This will secure the room while we reference you. The holding deposit is not a cost and can be deducted from your first rent payment when your referencing is complete.
Holding deposit: £100
On the successful completion of your referencing, we will ask you to send us a security deposit equal to one month’s rent. We register this into the ‘mydeposits’ Government scheme, and we then provide you with the registration documents and accompanying information via e-sign.
We offer six month assured shorthold tenancy (AST) contracts. These become ‘rolling periodic tenancies’ after six months if you continue renting with us. We provide you with two months’ notice and you provide us with one month’s notice to leave. Contracts are also sent via e-sign.
All housemates pay rent on the first of the month by standing order. Any part month at the start or end of your tenancy is calculated on a pro rata basis and your first rent payment will be due by your check in time/day.
HMO HOUSEMATE PROFILES
We provide accommodation for working professionals in Exeter (and a few post-graduate students, but no undergraduates.) The age range of our housemates is usually in the 20's and 30's. Sorry we are unable to accept any children visiting, any pets or any smokers. We are obliged to carry out ‘Right to Rent’ checks, usually through evidence of passports.
STOPWATCH LIVING LTD
Stopwatch Living provides a number of shared houses in Exeter. Our director is an accredited landlord with the NRLA. We pride ourselves in a professional and personable service and our housemates often refer us to their friends and colleagues.
No admin fees as per tenant fee ban.
Under the ‘Tenant Fees Act’ from 1st June 2019 for new tenancies and from 1st June 2020 for existing tenancies, the following fees can be charged to the tenant, where applicable:
· Holding deposit (capped at one week’s rent and subject to a number of provisions.)
· Security deposits (limited to five week’s rent)
· £50 (or higher if reasonable costs are incurred) to change the tenancy if requested by the tenant.
· Payments for early termination of the tenancy, where the early termination is requested by the tenant (usually the loss in rent resulting from a tenant’s decision to leave and/or the costs of re-advertising, referencing, or reasonable costs to an agent (such as referencing and marketing costs.) A tenant must pay rent as required under their tenancy agreement until a suitable replacement tenant is found. A tenant can be held liable for rent until their fixed-term agreement has ended or, in the case of a statutory periodic tenancy, they have given the notice required under their tenancy agreement. However, the landlord will not charge more than the rent they would have received before the end of the tenancy and/or will not benefit from two rent payments on the same room at any one time.
· Utilities, broadband, TV, phone and Council Tax (Non applicable unless a whole house electrical and gas bill totals above £200 per month, when the additional amount will be required of the collective tenants.)
· Replacement of lost keys (at cost)
· Interest on late rent payments (once those payments are at least 14 days late)
Where a tenant breaches their agreement and damage is caused as a result, the landlord can still be compensated via deductions from the deposit or court action.
The tenant is also liable for damages during the tenancy.
The Landlord reserves the right to increase the rent at any point after the initial six months of the contract. Notice of a rent increase will be provided at least a month in advance and will be communicated in writing e. g. by email to the tenant.
- House share
- £525 pcm (double)
- Minimum term
- 6 months
- Maximum term
- Bills included?
- Disabled access
- Living room
- Broadband included
- # housemates
- Total # rooms
- 23 to 28
- Any pets?
- 3 Males, 1 Female
New housemate preferences
- Couples OK?
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
- Min age
- Max age
- Female preferred
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and let us know if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a live out landlord