Elegant Quiet Room near Bohemian Camden Market.
Bright, sunny Elegant Master Bedroom with Double Bed available in the heart of Bohemian Camden.
My artistic Victorian workers cottage with white picket fence in a conservation area is a quiet sanctuary just steps away from the famous Camden Market. It really is a very beautiful house - petite and pretty looking on the outside but a tardis on the inside! The new lodger would have their own private bedroom and share the bathroom, kitchen and open plan lounge/ dining room and Garden with one other- a lovely mature intellegent guy who works in town planning for a London council.
I am the owner and spend most of my time in the Cotswolds at a second property, but occasionally come back to the house to sleep on the sofa in the lounge- but this is infrequent and likely to be once a month for a night or two max.
Mon- Fri or Full time lets are considered and negotiable.
The Master Bedroom (room available for rent):
- Comfy and Spacious King Sized Double Bed with fresh linen and King Size Pillows
- Sunny Large Double Master Bedroom with antique wooden flooring and furnishings.
- Lots of wardrobe/ hangers and shelf space available (6 door wardrobe)
- 2 chest of drawers
- Dressing Table and chair
- Long Pine Table
- 2 large sash windows with pretty windowboxes that overlook a very quaint and quiet street of Victorian Terrace Houses.
- Fresh Towels (Bath/Hand Towel)
- Double USB Charging Point with Cable
About the House:
- Antique Wooden Flooring throughout
- Galley kitchen with washing machine/drier, fridge/ freezer, microwave,
- dishwasher and brand new oven.
- My love of arts and crafts and quirky theatrical antiques decorates the
lounge/ dining room and bedroom.
- 2 comfy sofas, mellow lighting from antique lamps
- broadband TV, DVD Library
- Light, airy conservatory looking out to a pretty private landscaped garden.
- The garden is landscaped, full of beautiful flowers in the spring/ summer and catches the sun (south
facing) for most of the day and has a luscious lawn with garden seating available
- chair with cushions to chill out in the warmer months and read the morning papers in.
- In the main bathroom there is a quirky shaped Corner Bath with a shower attachment. A large sink and toilet are also in this bathroom.
- The second bathroom is a separate cloakroom toilet/ sink adjacent.
- Central heating is prevalent throughout.
- The house truly is a calm and spacious comfy sanctuary- a cosy home away from home.
- The communal spaces including the bathrooms are shared (its a two bedroom house)
The street in which the house is situated has just become one way - so there’s hardly any traffic and as a result- it’s become an even quieter location.
About the current lodger in the second bedroom:
My friend and long term lodger lives in the second bedroom- he is a lovely guy- intelligent, creative, diplomatic and a working professional. He has lived at the property for almost a year and a half and is settled. He works 9- 5 - occasionally from home.
About the Area:
- The house and street have recently starred in a Quality Street Christmas 2015 and 16 Chocolate National TV Advert for Nestle.
- The house is a Victorian Railway Workers Terraced cottage with white picket fence at the front, in a conservation area of similar cottages and is situated in a lovely safe and quiet area of London 5 mins walk away from Camden Town or Chalk Farm Tube Stations (Northern Line) and 15- 20 minutes walk away from Kings Cross/ St Pancras International.
- Media Glitzy Smart Primrose Hill with its lovely cafes and pubs is 5 mins walk away.
- The hipsters hangouts- Hackney Wick and Shoreditch are also 15 minutes away by train, via the Kentish Town West London Overground Station- just 3 minutes walk away from the house.
- The world famous Camden Market is less than a minute walk away - turn a corner at the end of the street and you're in sight of the hustle and bustle of the Market.
- There are umpteen music venues in Camden- the place is renowned for its rock and roll musical heritage.
- No parking is available unfortunately but as well as the tubes there are loads of bus networks to all corners of London - with the bus stop just round the corner.
Tottenham Court Road can be walked to in half an hour/ 40 mins or a tube takes 20 mins.
- The nearest local is the Hawley Arms, Lock Tavern and Tapping the Admiral
- There are a huge range of top award winning restaurants, ranging from Thai, Afro-Carribean, Malaysian, Belgium, Italian, Spanish with a range of organic cafes with outside seating to watch the world go by just at the end of the street.
- A range of music venues/ clubs etc such as the famous Roundhouse, Jazz Café, Electric Ballroom and Dingwalls are 5-10 mins walk away.
- Morrisons and Sainsburys supermarkets are also a 5-10 mins walk.
- The house really is in a fantastic eclectic and alternative location, where culture is BIG.
A bit about who Im looking for:
This situation would suit a sociable mature working professional - outgoing and chatty but equally needing peace, tranquility and quiet. I am looking for someone that would really fall in love with the house, and spare the time to keep it clean and tidy. This would apply to the garden too (Keen gardeners are welcome!)
The room and house are furnished and I would prefer that furniture isn't brought into the house.
Even though I live away from the property - the new lodger would need to be flexible in understanding that I may need to come and stay occasionally in the lounge (about once a month and never for more than two or three nights). I am quick to respond to any issues and very much love the house (I have been lucky enough in the past to have lodgers that equally love it too). I lived in the Master Bedroom for 20 years and can vouch on how comfy and quiet it is.
If you are into Music, thats a bonus too (The current lodger in the second bedroom writes and plays Music in his free time) .
- £1,150 pcm (double)
- Minimum term
- 1 month
- Maximum term
- Short lets considered
- Bills included?
- Disabled access
- Living room
- Broadband included
- # housemates
- Total # rooms
- Any pets?
New housemate preferences
- Couples OK?
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
- Don't mind
- Min age
- Max age
- Males or females
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and let us know if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a live out landlord