Double Bed in 2 Bed Flat close to Uni Campus
My name is Caitlin, I'm a first year student at the University of Edinburgh and I'm currently looking for a new flatmate to take up the second room in my two bed flat in Newington. As my previous flatmate sadly no longer attends Edinburgh University and has left the city.
The flat is located in the fantastic area of Newington, right next to a Tesco, with a brief walk to many other shops and supermarkets, and the meadows and Uni campus only a 10 minute walk away.
Originally this flat was unfurnished, but my previous flatmate and I have really turned it into something that feels a bit more like home! I'm slowly adding more and more furnishings, including lots of plants!
To maximise the space of our bedrooms, we created a study space in the living room, but if this is not to your liking, a small desk could fit in your room.
The bathroom is somewhat small, but kept to an immaculate standard, alongside the rest of the flat which I clean weekly.
This flat also comes with a balcony, which currently is unfurnished and in need of some TLC, but come the spring I'd love to get some furniture and plants out there to make the most of the space!
This flat was such a find, and I'd love to stay here until I finish my degree, ideally I'd love to share it with a student who is also looking for a more long-term place to stay.
All enquiries from students will be taken into consideration, but students with a desire for 1-2+ years of tenancy will be more likely considered!
As a flatmate I am clean, tidy and respectful of other's space. I'm a very social person, but equally enjoy a bit of time spent by myself. I am a vegetarian but have no objections to living with someone that is not! I take my studies quite seriously and devote a lot of time to them, but equally love going out and having fun.
My flat is also LGBT+ friendly :)
Here are some more details about the flat:
- Rent includes the cost of the broadband.
- The deposit is £437.50, and the first month of rent. Coming to a total of £850
- Bills are not included in the rent, electricity and gas is provided by EON, with the electricity on a pay-as-you-go meter.
- The flat does allow pets, but the landlord requires an additional £200 pet deposit, something I'd be happy to split :)
- The bedroom comes with a deep built-in wardrobe, with additional shelves both above and below.
- The bedroom comes with furnishings of a small double bed, a bedside table, a chest of drawers, and a clothes drying rack.
- The letting agent requires a previous landlord reference (if possible) and a guarantor for students.
If you are interested in this flat or would like some more photos please feel free message me x
- Flat share
- £425 pcm (double)
- Minimum term
- 6 months
- Maximum term
- Bills included?
- Disabled access
- Living room
- Broadband included
- # flatmates
- Total # rooms
- Any pets?
- University of Edinburgh
New flatmate preferences
- Couples OK?
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
- Min age
- Max age
- Female preferred
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and let us know if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a current flatmate