Double Room available Stevenage. Bills included
- Please feel free to give me a call if you have any questions
- Room is available for a lodger for SINGLE USE occupancy.
- Price also includes standard utility bills
- Each month's rent is paid in advance, due on the same date of the month as you moved in, before midday. (example - moved in on the 5th , pay in advance each month on the 5th, before 12 noon)
If you need to pay me on another date of each month, you can make an extra first payment (pro-rata) up until that date.
I have another lodger who is out most of the day working and a couple of times a month he has his Daughter to stay over the night in his room, and if you need a similar arrangement for visitors, we can discuss that.
I am out most days myself, I am often out of town, and when in Stevenage I am usually working long shifts or out doing other activities.
- Cooker, Fridge / Freezer, washing machine, microwave oven, kettle, toaster, Brand new boiler fitted in Jan 2020.
- Bring your own cutlery, crockery, cooking pans and utensils, although if you don't have these I will make mine available for use. You'll have your own cupboard space for your stuff.
- You provide your own washing powder, toilet rolls, and so on.
There is a large communal garden all around the block, which is fantastic in the spring and summer to sit and relax in, or to have a BBQ. We also have 2 clothes lines for your washing.
SHARED BATHROOM + TOILET
- Own shelf for your towels and toiletries etc.
This is a standard double bedroom on the 1st floor
It is for SINGLE USE OCCUPANCY, furnished with:
- Single Bed, Mattress, Duvet, Pillow (some bed linen can be supplied or bring your own). if you are going to be long-term we can maybe upgrade the bed to a double bed or you can bring a double with you.
- Writing desk and chair (a Sky Box sits on the corner of this, but we can rearrange furniture if you want to)
- Unlimited Super Fast Virgin Home Broadband with WiFi (or hardwired internet via an Ethernet cable if required). Internet speed is currently unlimited 200mbs. Very good signal around the flat.
- 32" wall mounted Flat screen TV. inputs for Scart, HDMI , VHF, USB and VGA. The TV can be moved to the desk if you prefer. People who have had the room in the past have used streaming services for UK TV Channels and Netflix etc. as the WiFi is good.
If you prefer old style TV, there is currently a Sky FREESAT Box in the room, (To watch the FREE satellite channels). Most of the time this works fine, but I can't guarantee that, as occasionally the channels break up due to coverage, but you always have the internet for TV when you need it.
Just hook up your laptop/Computer/XBox via the VGA cable or HDMI connector etc, whatever is appropriate for your device.
We can set up a direct ethernet to the internet hub should you want to.
- the room is fitted with curtains
- Electricity sockets and extensions
- South facing window with view of nature and communal garden areas and trees. Very picturesque.
There are no problems with finding a free parking space on the drive, or on the road, no permits needed.
If required, I can provide a small amount of free loft storage for you during your stay, to help you with your move.
PLEASE NOTE, that as per the other info in the advert THERE IS NO LIVING ROOM, due to the current configuration of the property.
The flat is on the North West side of Stevenage in the much sought after Symonds Green area, which is leafy green in spring and summer and very quiet and relaxed.
It only takes 25 minutes to walk into town and you are even closer to some of the technology parks. I can send you the custom route on google maps.
(please note that because google doesn't know about all the footpaths, if you just do a postcode search, it will send you a longer way around which is a much longer journey, I will show you the quick way!)
A school, local shop, pharmacy, post office, doctors surgery, hairdresser/salon, church and dentist are close by.
There is also a huge Cost-Co Supermarket on Gunnells Wood Road, just a 12 minute walk away and they sell everything you need for your shopping at discount prices.
Although the flat is right next to the A1M, you don't really hear the motorway because of the high walls they've built alongside it. There no more housing estates to the West, and instead there are fields to walk or run in.
The flat also sits between two country pubs; the Crooked Billet and the Fisherman, just a few minutes walk away.
I am a 43 year old local professional, working shifts close by, and I am also a director of a Music company. I have lived in the flat for 17 years and love it here.
I rented many rooms before this, so I know what it is like to be a lodger myself.
My sister lives just across the hall and will be able to assist you with any queries when I am not around.
That's it! It's a great area to live, hope to see you soon. Any questions, please get in touch.
- £460 pcm (double)
- Minimum term
- 3 months
- Maximum term
- Short lets considered
- Bills included?
- Disabled access
- Living room
- Broadband included
- # flatmates
- Total # rooms
- 36 to 43
- Any pets?
- Technology, Music, Travel
- 2 Males
New flatmate preferences
- Couples OK?
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
- Housing Benefit
- Males or females
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and let us know if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a live in landlord