Double Room - Leith / The Shore / Ocean Terminal
- Small double room in a two-bedroom flat.
- Room is furnished with a double bed and memory foam mattress, large double built-in wardrobe, wall shelves, desk, bedside table and lamp. The pictures are from about a year ago, but the room is pretty much the same other than the chest of drawers has been replaced with a desk.
- £400 per calendar month rent, no bills included. Bills are council tax (approx. £75 per month), internet (£12.50 per month), and electricity (approx. £40-50 per month depending on the time of year).
- Two-bedroom flat located 2 minutes walk from Ocean Terminal, 5 minutes walk from the Shore/Victoria Quay, and 8 minutes walk from the Leith Walk/Newkirkgate Centre.
- Quiet tenement building - a few families, one or two students, mostly professional couples/flatshares. The flat overlooks an off-street parking area and small green area, so traffic noise is minimal.
- Free, off-street parking immediately outside the building entrance.
- Recently renovated kitchen with fridge/freezer, cooker, oven, washing machine, etc.
- Recently renovated bathroom; over-bath electric shower, sink, loo, very large vanity mirror.
- Living room is furnished and decorated with a large, comfy corner sofa, and a table + four stools.
I'm a 30 year old female professional. Non-smoker and very rarely drink. I have an almost four year old Labrador. She's small for a Lab, well-trained, very playful and affectionate, and loves to sit up on the sofa when someone is in the flat. She also likes to steal socks and hoard them under the bed.
I work full-time, and spend the majority of my spare time out and about with my dog. If I'm at home I'm usually either cooking, watching Netflix, or reading. I usually spend weekends away or out of the flat just generally exploring Edinburgh.
I'd prefer to share with another woman near my own age, but I'm open to sharing with a male so feel free to message me if you think we would get along well. Any new tenant would also have to be a non-smoker as no smoking is permitted in the flat and the smoke alarms are sensitive.
The room isn't suitable for couples as it is small, but if you have a partner who visits frequently I don't mind. My own partner visits some weekends so yours is more than welcome to visit when they like.
As my dog is super friendly, the new tenant would have to be a dog person! On account of having a dog, I make a big effort to keep a clean and tidy home. So if you're nervous about sharing with a dog, rest assured I keep the place very clean.
I'd also prefer someone who is quiet and has similar interests to me. I'm a morning person and start work at 7am each day, so if you keep vastly different hours it might be a bit difficult. I have lived with people with opposite schedules before and not had any issues as we've been understanding of each other, but I think it's best to be upfront about being an early-riser!
All in all, I'd just like a nice, relaxed flatmate who has some shared interests and doesn't mind chilling with a dog when they're home. If you want to chat more about it, just give me a shout!
- Flat share
- £400 pcm (double)
- 06 Jan 2020
- Minimum term
- 1 month
- Maximum term
- Short lets considered
- Bills included?
- Disabled access
- Living room
- Broadband included
- # flatmates
- Total # rooms
- Any pets?
New flatmate preferences
- Couples OK?
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
- Housing Benefit
- Min age
- Max age
- Female preferred
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and let us know if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a current flatmate