Double rooms available in spacious 3 bed house
I have two double rooms available in a 3-bed houseshare.
Very big! (5 m x 3.7 m), huge windows with lots of natural light, comes with a double bed and mattress, triple wardrobe, desk and bedside table (or you're welcome to bring your own furniture).
3.5 m x 3.3 m, can just about see the sea from the window, comes with a double bed and mattress, double wardrobe and bedside table.
About the house:
It's a really lovely and spacious 3-storey maisonette, the shared living areas are:
* Huge living room/dining room space with a projector, piano, turntable, leather reclining sofa and armchairs, and a big dining table/pool table (great for communal dinners/board games/poker nights).
* Kitchen with induction hob, washer/drier, dishwasher, some fancy cooking tools (sous vide machine, pressure cooker, pasta machine), plus the usual stuff you'd expect from a kitchen.
* Bathroom with bathtub and amazing separate shower. Plus a separate second toilet room.
* South-facing balcony and big sunny patio garden — perfect for chilling in the hammock or summer BBQs.
The house is double glazed and has gas central heating, and we've got 500 Mbps unlimited broadband. Shared bills (broadband, gas, electricity, water and council tax) come to about £100 each per month.
It's a 20 minute walk from central Brighton and 5 minutes from London Road shops, but on a nice quiet street with a very neighbourly feel.
London Road train station is literally just across the road so perfect for commuting to campus or further afield. Plus it's an 11 minute walk to Brighton station (we've timed it).
Who we're looking for:
We like living with people who want to make the house their home. Someone who is independent but who also likes to hang out, watch movies and TV shows, play board games and have people round for dinner. So it's important that you enjoy socialising with housemates and making use of the shared spaces, but also respect the fact that people are working from home during the day and need time to themselves.
We're not clean freaks but we like the house to be reasonably clean and tidy and everyone is expected to clean up after themselves. Basically it's your typical we're-not-students-anymore houseshare :)
You will be sharing with me and one other housemate. I'm self-employed and work from home most days. In normal times I go to a ton of gigs, festivals, free parties, galleries, theatre and try to travel as much as possible.
Other things I'm into: bouldering, hiking, good food (I love to experiment in the kitchen), indie cinema and experimental/alternative theatre/art in general. Being able to chat on a similar level about music, movies and culture in general is really important.
If you like the sound of the house then please let me know a bit about yourself - your age, what you're up to, what you're into, why you're interested in the room - and we can sort out a viewing either in person or remotely :)
(Don't forget to say which room you're interested in!)
- Flat share
- £580 pcm (double)
- £500 pcm (double)
- Minimum term
- 6 months
- Maximum term
- Bills included?
- Disabled access
- Living room
- Broadband included
- # flatmates
- Total # rooms
- Any pets?
- music, travelling, cooking, art, films, food, outdoors, gigs, festivals, meeting new people, bouldering, clubbing, bbqs, chess, activism
New flatmate preferences
- Couples OK?
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
- Don't mind
- Min age
- Max age
- Males or females
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and let us know if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a live in landlord