Spacious Clapham / Balham flat with garden
Our current flatmate is growing up and buying a place (lucky him!) so we have a room going in our flat. The flat is in the perfect SW location, between Clapham South and Balham, and has a top garden.
About the flat & room:
The room is a small double with a pretty sizeable inbuilt wardrobe and additional chest of drawers & massive built in cupboard in the hall which can be yours. Your typical estate agent would describe it as a cliche’d ‘cosy, with lots of natural light’, but that’s pretty much what it is!
The whole flat is lovely. We have a massive lounge with plenty of space for hosting and for two people to work easily with second screens etc. (Cat’s got a desk in her room, so there’s never more than 2). We’ve got a separate kitchen with all the usual functions you’re looking for, and a big bathroom with a really decent shower and water pressure (you’ll easily get that conditioner out gals).
The way the flat is laid out makes it feel super spacious and you can’t hear anything from the communal areas in the bedrooms. We also have a gigantic attic for storage.
The most amazing bit is the massive garden, with a big table that seats 8-10 and no-maintenance fake grass, perfect for BBQs. If you’re the kind of person that owns tools, we’ve even got a shed.
Cat is 26, English, and works at a creative agency, in the office a couple of days a week at the moment. She’s social and plays a fair bit of Tag Rugby and Netball, though is mainly in it for the socialising / pub.
Ele is 28, Aussie, and works in comms at a law firm, mainly from home at the moment. She spends her time drinking margaritas mainly? We’re not sure, but she does stuff we promise.
We met through spare room in a different house, and are now friends and living back with each-other.
We’re looking for someone roughly the same age that likes to hangout sometimes of an evening, will have a drink with us etc. but also isn’t new to London / has some of their own friends. We’ve got lots of friends in the area and the new flatmate will always be more than welcome to come along, but we do have separate groups of friends as well, so the usual balance! Also game for any house Netflix shows, and if you can cook it’s a bonus (for us).
* Move date is super flexible, any time from now-ish
* Rent is £725pm, bills roughly £70pp on top inc. water, gas, electric, council tax etc etc.
* Deposit is around £850 (we will check exactly)
*A boy preferred, but any & all genders welcome. No couples sorry
* 4 minute walk from Clapham South tube (it’s been timed, Cat is always late)
* 5 mins to Clapham Common, 10 mins to Tooting Common - so you can get your fill of those green spaces
* 7 mins to Balham - bars, shops, another tube etc.
* Sainsbury’s, Co-op, Tesco and Waitrose all 3-8 mins away
We're going to be doing viewings as and when, so drop us a note if you’d like to take a look!
- £725 pcm (double)
- Minimum term
- 6 months
- Maximum term
- Bills included?
- Disabled access
- Living room
- Broadband included
- # flatmates
- Total # rooms
- 26 to 28
- Any pets?
- music, travelling, reading, sports, socialising, food, pubs, drinking, design, eating out, rugby, festivals, dogs, peep show
- 2 Females
New flatmate preferences
- Couples OK?
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
- Min age
- Max age
- Males or females
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a current flatmate