Large double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
Location: quiet, speed-bumped street 5 mins by bus (104) from Upton Park tube ( or 15 mins walk); 1 minute's walk to Brampton Park, likewise to the Greenway; 5 minutes' walk to Newham General Hospital and 30 mins to the Olympic Park via the Greenway.
We are: a semi-retired couple with 5 kids living nearby, whose family home this was until 2 years ago.
You are: probably a couple, (but singles welcome); professional; clean, quiet and responsible.
This is: a quiet top-floor bedroom, approx 5 metres by 3 (16 ft by 10), well lit by two Velux windows at front and a large dormer overlooking gardens at back. Current furnishings include a King-sized double bed, extensive shelving units and a small desk and chair, but these can be adapted to suit.
The en-suite bathroom, exclusive to this room, also looks out on the back garden, is 100% tiled and contains shower, toilet, wash-basin and heated towel-rail.
Common areas of the house, apart from the hallway and landing, include:
1. A large through living-room (7 metres by 3), with sofas, dining-table and fireplace, as well as partially-stocked book shelves and innovative artwork. A door from here leads out to the kitchen scullery and on to the garden
2. A kitchen, with ample cupboard space, and:
* 5-hob gas cooker and electric oven
* Two large fridges
* Separate freezer
* Pans, plates, cups, glasses and cutlery
* Separate scullery space with adjustable ceiling clothes rack
3. Front and back gardens. The back garden (approx 10 metres by 5) contains a fully-functional (if chilly in winter) outside toilet adjoining the house, a built-in barbecue facility, and beds planted with flowers and herbs. There is also a large patio with dining-table and chairs..
The rent includes all utility bills and broadband (with booster to ensure reception in all parts of the house). Common areas of the house are cleaned regularly, though you're expected to be responsible for your own kitchenware.
- £780 pcm (double/en suite)
- 23 Jan 2020
- Minimum term
- 6 months
- Maximum term
- Bills included?
- Disabled access
- Living room
- Broadband included
- # housemates
- Total # rooms
- 25 to 32
- Any pets?
- 2 Females, 1 Male
New housemate preferences
- Couples OK?
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
- Housing Benefit
- Min age
- Max age
- Males or females
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and let us know if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a live out landlord