Huge Dble Room to rent in Superb Flat/House share
Huge, bright Double room to rent in Superb Flat / House share for very clean and tidy, non-smoking, considerate, friendly, respectful professional person or couple ONLY.
No DSS or Agents please! £900 / mth, incl. all bills + free WiFi extra free. Deposit & References essential!:
PLEASE NOTE: THERE ARE NO (ADDITIONAL) AGENCY ADMIN, CONTRACT RENEWAL, TENANT REFERENCING, TENANCY AGREEMENT DRAFTING FEES & COMMISSIONS, ETC, TO PAY…I PROVIDE THESE SERVICES (WHERE NECESSARY) FREE OF CHARGE!!!
Just off the Walworth Road in central London. Minutes walk to Elephant & Castle (zone 1/2), Camberwell and / or Kennington. An amazing choice of buses to all areas of London (only 3 - 5 minutes by bus to Elephant and Castle, in one direction, or to Camberwell, in the other)!
A huge Double Room for rent in a superb Flat-Share (located within a beautiful 3 storey Victorian-style House-Share that accommodates more people [on other floors], with whom you can also communicate if you wish). An extremely large and airy space with two large windows, solid oak flooring throughout, two warm radiators, very comfortable double bed, wardrobe(s), chest of drawers, computer desk between the windows, bedside table, mirror, more storage under the bed. (FOR COUPLES OR SINGLES...SAME PRICE)!
Generally: beautifully bright and well maintained with light, warm paint colours in all the rooms and communal areas, and solid oak wood flooring throughout.
- Spacious eat-in kitchen with electric double oven and hob; large fridge/freezer; microwave; toaster; kettle and (shared) washing machine. Well equipped with pots, pans and crockery, etc. Beech Wood table with Faux Leather and Chrome chairs.
- Bright and airy living room with sofa, coffee table, bookshelves and (possibly) T. V.
- Crisply decorated bathroom including long bath, shower unit, wash basin and toilet
- Private front and rear patios.
- Gas central heating throughout (including recently installed new boiler!).
- All bills (gas, electricity, water, TV, council tax).
- Free unlimited WiFi is provided extra free
- FYI, the house / flat is a restful retreat in this fast-paced world-renowned city that London has now become but, at the same time, is also very close to everything you can imagine you’d want and everywhere you might endeavour to go. It is in a fantastic location from which you can start your world of discovery. By the way, I should also mention that your (potential) flatmates are also usually very friendly, helpful and love to keep the property very clean and tidy at all times.
- The Tube: Elephant & Castle (Bakerloo and Northern lines…Zones 1 & 2): 10 - 12 mins walk or 3 – 5 mins on the bus / Kennington (Northern Line only…Zone 2): with access to both branches.
- The Overground (Train) + Thameslink: Elephant & Castle (Zones 1 & 2): 10 - 12 min walk / London Bridge and Waterloo are the closest for national connections & Vauxhall and Denmark Hill are closest for local connections.
- Buses: between Forty and Fifty bus routes pass through / around the Elephant & Castle, and over Thirty night buses, many of which stop 1 - 2 mins walk from the house (on the Walworth and Camberwell roads).
- Bikes: there’s a Boris bike station 5 – 7 mins walk away (approx), with several others by the Elephant & Castle station. There are many cycle routes to choose from, including the CS7.
- Parking: If required, Parking Permits can be applied for through the Southwark Council website.
- On Foot: FYI, Borough Market is around 20 mins away, London Bridge about 30 mins, The South Bank is approximately 40 mins away, Covent Garden and Leicester Square… 50 mins, Euston, St. Pancras and King’s Cross stations…just over an hour (each).
THE LOCAL AREA:
- On the whole, this area is a reasonably safe, quiet and up-and-coming place to be. It is home to a plethora of cultures and peoples from all over the U. K. as well as from around the world, which makes it a much more interesting environment to live in than was previously the case (say 5 – 10 years ago).
- There are now a great many ‘value for money’ shops, bars, take-aways and restaurants nearby: Morrison’s, Tesco Metro, Marks & Spencer and Boots, to name a few, all within a 5 minute walk from the house. You will also find several high street chains including Superdrug and Argos as well as the usual Mobile Phone Stores, Pound Shops and Charity Shops, etc.
- Food / Eating out: FYI, The house / flat is ideally located in a historic area with an established local community. It offers access to an increasingly buzzing restaurant scene that brings together diverse local cuisines from the far corners of the world. Here, the food is as colourful and expressive as you could wish for. Presentation and flavour pairings reflect a heady mix of global cultures, stretching from Eastern Europe all the way to Latin America…and beyond!
- Markets: East Street market is the closest. You can find some amazing bargains here. Other markets not so far away include: Borough market, Lower Marsh Food Market, Bermondsey Square Farmers and Antiques Markets, Oval Farmers’ Market, and the New Covent Garden Flower Market(s) are all close by…between 5 and 15 minutes on the bus, approximately.
- Parks: Burgess Park (one of the largest in London) is just around the corner, and Kennington Park is about 7 – 10 minutes (walk) away…so quite close too. Burgess Park has a big lake for fishing, an internationally recognised BMX bike racing track, a Preserved Woodland area, an Adventure area (for both children and adults), Tennis and Football areas, Public Barbecue areas and an Outdoor Gym, etc, etc!
- Shopping, Entertainment & The Arts: within 10 – 20 minutes by bus and / or tube, you will find yourself in the heart of many of London’s historic and cultural landmarks. Regent Street, Oxford Street, Knightsbridge, Kensington (for The Natural History and V & A Museums, etc), Hyde Park (for the many festivals and shows, etc, throughout the year…including The Winter Wonderland around Christmas time), The Tower of London, The South Bank Centre, including The Hayward Gallery, The National Theatre and Royal Festival Hall are also close by, as are the IMAX cinema at Waterloo, the National Film Museum, Shakespeare’s Globe, The Imperial War Museum, The Tate Modern, Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace, The Royal Opera House and The Coliseum, Covent Garden and Theatre & Film Land around Leicester Square, on the Strand as well as on Shaftsbury Avenue, etc, in the West End… and let’s not forget the City of London…the financial heart (and brain) of the U. K.! I could go on… .
- Sport: A Gym, just 2 – 3 minutes walk away on the Walworth Road, and now also at the NEW Elephant & Castle Leisure Centre (10 – 12 minutes walk away), are open 24 hours. There’s very cheap (sometimes free…) swimming as well at Camberwell Leisure Centre (just 10 - 12 minutes walk in the other direction…towards Camberwell Green). There’s also a Rock Climbing wall at Vauxhall, under the railway arches, as well as, of course, the world famous Oval Cricket Ground, close by (between Vauxhall and Kennington).
- More about The Elephant & Castle (just 10 – 12 minutes walk away): FYI, over the next few years, the Elephant & Castle will become London's most exciting new neighbourhood in a £1.5bn transformation that will evolve and enhance its identity. It will very soon become known as ‘the place to be’ rather than just ‘a place to pass through’.
Already a lively London neighbourhood, The Elephant & Castle offers all the convenience of a Zone 1 location. Known affectionately to the locals as 'The Elephant', the area has a rich history stretching back to medieval times …and so much more to offer residents, visitors and investors, etc, alike.
Located in a prime position in the heart of (south) central London, The Elephant & Castle is an excellent transport hub, with a Mainline Train station (direct trains to Kings Cross, Luton, Gatwick Airport and Brighton), a Zone 1 Tube station, of course, and links to nearly 50 different Bus routes. Fast and frequent London Underground services connect you to the whole of London via the Northern and Bakerloo lines.
Once all the main infrastructure projects have been completed, The Elephant & Castle will become one of the first fully Internet and Social Media friendly residential neighbourhoods in the whole of London.
- £900 pcm (double)
- Minimum term
- 6 months
- Maximum term
- Bills included?
- Disabled access
- Living room
- Broadband included
- # housemates
- Total # rooms
- Any pets?
New housemate preferences
- Couples OK?
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
- Don't mind
- Min age
- Max age
- Males or females
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and let us know if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a live out landlord