According to feedback from SpareRoom users, this area has the following characteristics:
Do you agree? Have your say
- Double Room
- £177 pw
- Single Room
- £132 pw
London Rail and Tube services map
- TUBE Clapham Common
- BR,LDNOG Clapham High Street
- TUBE Clapham North
- TUBE Stockwell
Clapham is a great place to live, central to everything and has a great buzz and young culture
Clapham Common is the best place to live in South London. I know many people will say that about where they live but I will just list a couple of reasons why:
- The common is a lovely space in summer to relax with friends for a picnic and during winter to escape the hustle of the city. it also has many sports clubs to join in.
- Clapham common is served by the Northern line, but also has tube stations at Clapham North and South, a national rail station on Clapham high street and is quite close to Clapham Junction, which is great for shopping.
- The Picturehouse is a great cinema with comfy seats and reasonable prices
- Lots of great bars and restaurants.
- Infernos the cheesiest club in London
Nice part of London to suit family and young professionals. 'The Common' is the place for the people who love the outdoors; great pubs and restaurants; good location and transport
Clapham North is a great area to live in because it has a constant buzzing social life. Any day of the week, the high street will have throngs of people drinking and socialising. It's a safe area to live in as well.
Great transport links - can walk to Stockwell station in the morning for the Victoria line rather than brave the Northern line.
Lots of great bars, supermarkets, pokey little shops and only a short walk to Clapham Old Town and the amazing Clapham Common. Lots of young professionals in the area and the high st reflects this.
Cheaper rent than north of the river, yet another reason I love Clapham.
Clapham North is so handy to Central London and the City either by the underground or by bus and has many bars and restaurants for a good nightlife.
Clapham North has loads of good qualities including a short walk to the very big and beautiful Clapham Common, it is about a 12-15min tube ride to the City so perfect if you are looking for a job in finance. Clapham high street also has loads of great bars and shops so you don't have to travel far for social nights out.
A hidden gem in central London.
Stockwell is centred within the triangle of Brixton, Oval and Vauxhall. It's also a stones throw away from the thriving Clapham Scene. Very nice area and the station is the only one within the underground system in that area that has two interchangeable lines- Victoria and Northern Line