A successful company is like a flatshare - it’s the people that make it work
Are you looking for a rewarding job? With over 3 million visits per month, we’re the UK’s leading flat and house share website. We’re in the top 10 UK property sites and the top 500 sites overall for UK traffic.
Over 10,000 people attend our London SpeedFlatmating events every year and we took the events to New York in 2012. SpareRoom New York launched in the autumn of 2011.
In 2012 we won two awards - Best Specialist Website and Best Customer Service - at the UK Landlord & Letting Awards, and in 2013 our founder and MD was named by Tech City Insider as “one of the top 100 people who are making digital London tick”.
The pioneering online business that has transformed the
way people look for somewhere to live
- Daily Express
Life at SpareRoom
SpareRoom’s staff are a diverse bunch of creative individuals who enjoy being part of a small team that packs a big punch.
We have two offices — our main one in central Manchester's Northern Quarter and another in London's trendy Spitalfields, a stone's throw from the heart of Tech City. Both offer a relaxed and friendly working environment in light and open plan offices. Apart from it being an enjoyable place to work, SpareRoom offers a range of additional benefits such as sports membership contributions and extra holidays the longer you work for us.
Could this be you?
We’re looking for talented and enthusiastic individuals to add to our growing team, and to help us help millions of people find somewhere new to live. If you are creative and hard working, you will see your ideas having a direct effect on SpareRoom and how it develops.
We have the following roles available:
Web UI Developer/Front-end developer
You’ll help colleagues develop their skills & experience as we further improve our platform to keep SpareRoom relevant to our customers. There is no line management or team leadership required in this role.
You will be:
- Experienced in creating well tested, functional and accessible UI using UI component libraries (Vue.js, React, Angular), modern CSS and semantic HTML.
- Excellent at collaboration (pairing, planning, negotiating outcomes).
- Comfortable using front end build tools (webpack) to deliver safe, performant and compatible assets to our users.
- Experienced in integrating and testing RESTful APIs.
Freelance PR Consultant (New York)Hours TBD
Who we're looking for
- New York based freelancer with experience working in New York PR agencies on consumer lifestyle accounts
- Someone who has worked in Consumer lifestyle PR (especially for a service) for at least 4-5 years
- With experience in a larger agency but stints in a smaller, more creative agency is a positive
- With experience working on lifestyle accounts (ideally with key audience being young professionals in 20s / early 30s living in cities)
- With a demonstrable network of consumer lifestyle press contacts in New York
- Demonstrable network of influencer contacts in New York
- With a strong track record of turning an idea into a story that will be picked up by consumer lifestyle press with a large NYC audience in their 20s / early 30s
- Who has strong writing skills & media awareness
- With the ability to think creatively about renting & roommates in New York, making our brand relevant to key consumer lifestyle press
- Who has experience working with data-centric PR stories
- Self starter who is able to think on their feet, feels confident advising on media landscape and can generate strong creative press office / campaign ideas
- Work with Comms team in UK/US to create, develop & execute New York PR stories that will be picked up by consumer lifestyle press - meeting KPIs and timelines
- Have knowledge of New York/US media and confidence to advise on what will hit PR goals
- Meet key media along with New York based marketing team
- Ability to work in the New York office with US marketing team from time to time
- Main point of contact will be the UK comms team. However, we’re looking for someone who is able to support US marketing manager with press enquiries out of UK office hours
- References needed
- Resume, cover letter and example of a successful relevant project (ideally with a service) / coverage examples
Get in touch
Send us your CV and tell us why the SpareRoom team needs you: jobs at spareroom dot co dot uk
Where we are
SpareRoom's main office is in Manchester, right in the vibrant and buzzing Northern Quarter. The contemporary style studio office space makes for a brilliant working atmosphere inside a beautiful Grade II listed building. Our second office is in London, which is London - need we say more?