Big double room in friendly houseshare
We have a large double room available in our 3 bed houseshare.
We're flexible about move in dates and are looking for someone to move in between now and early to mid December.
Shared bills (broadband, gas, electricity, water and council tax) are split between the three of us and are about £100 each per month.
About the room:
Very big! (5m x 3.7m), huge windows with lots of natural light, comes with a double bed, large wardrobe, desk and bedside table (or you're welcome to bring your own furniture).
About the house:
It's a really lovely and spacious 3-storey maisonette, the shared living areas are:
* Huge living room / dining room space with a projector, piano, turntable, board games, leather reclining sofa and armchairs, and a big dining table / pool table (great for communal dinners and playing board games).
* Kitchen with induction hob, washer/tumble drier, dishwasher, some fancy cooking tools (sous vide machine, pressure cooker), plus the usual stuff you'd expect from a kitchen.
* Bathroom with bathtub and separate shower (it's literally the best shower either of us have ever had!). Plus a separate second toilet room.
* Balcony and big sunny patio garden with barbecue, herb/veg garden and a hammock.
The house is double glazed and has gas central heating, and we've got 350 Mbps unlimited fibre broadband.
We're a 20 minute walk from central Brighton but on a nice quiet street with a very neighbourly feel (we know a lot of our neighbours).
London Road train station is literally just across the road so perfect for commuting to campus or further north. Plus it's an 11 minute walk to Brighton station (we've timed it).
We're Jon (34), Em (31), and Spider (cat, 7 and a bit). Jon is self-employed and works from home most days and Em is doing a PhD.
Jon is into festivals and travelling, bouldering, food, gigs and free parties, indie movies, experimental or alternative music/theatre/art.
Em likes cats, roller derby, festivals, weird movies, synthwave, and adding LEDs to things. Spider is scared of seagulls but is a big fan of dreamies and belly rubs.
Who we're looking for:
We like living with people who want to make the house their home. Both of us are independent people but we also like to hang out together, watch movies and TV shows, play board games and have people round for dinner. We're looking for someone who enjoys socialising with housemates and making use of the shared spaces, but also respects the fact that we're often working from home and also need time to ourselves. Super LGBT friendly!
We're not clean freaks but we like the house to be reasonably clean and tidy and everyone is expected to clean up after themselves. Basically it's your typical we're-not-students-anymore houseshare :)
If you have a pet then let us know and we can talk about it, although we can't have any dogs unfortunately.
If you are interested then please let us know a bit about yourself - your age, what you're up to, what you're into, why you're interested in the room - and we can sort out a viewing either in person or remotely.
Jon & Em
- House share
- £590 pcm (double)
- Minimum term
- 6 months
- Maximum term
- Bills included?
- Disabled access
- Living room
- Broadband included
- # housemates
- Total # rooms
- 31 to 34
- Any pets?
- music, travelling, cooking, art, films, food, outdoors, gigs, festivals, bouldering, clubbing, bbqs, chess, activism
- 1 Female, 1 Male
New housemate preferences
- Couples OK?
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
- Don't mind
- Min age
- Max age
- Males or females
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and let us know if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a current flatmate