Large Double in Stoke Newington (w/garden!)
I'm looking for a new housemate to fill the spare room in my lovely 2 bed flat!
ABOUT THE FLAT
The flat is on the top floor of a period conversion in the Stoke Newington/Stamford Hill area. It's a beautiful, bright and spacious flat falling over two floors with a stylish bathroom, airy kitchen and welcoming living room. It has ample storage space and includes a secure private garden which is shared with the 4 other flats in the building, including space for bike storage. The street the flat's on has free parking and you don’t need a permit.
The room you would be taking is a large double which comes furnished. You’ll get done lovely sunset views, as it also looks out over the nearby reservoirs!
I’m Kate, 28 and manage operations, sales and hospitality for a co-working office space in Spitalfields. I’m originally from Bristol and I’ve been living in London a little over 4 years now.
Hobbies include: pub, food (I *LOVE* cooking!), travelling, surfing, snowboarding, bingeing on Netflix, cycling, exploring London and occasionally going out-out. I’m independent, easy-going, tidy and always up for a laugh.
I’m looking for a housemate with similar qualities who I can socialise with, but who is equally happy to be left to their own devices. Would be great to have a tv binge buddy and dinner party co-host (but not looking to have a party palace)!
ABOUT THE AREA
The flat is located on a quiet residential street located next to two beautiful reservoirs – one is a tranquil nature reserve (curated by David Attenborough) and the other is a water sports lake (think sailing, canoeing, wild swimming). When you’re in the flat, it’s so quiet you don’t feel like you’re in London 😍!
But don’t let the suburban street scene fool you… You will be in easy walking distance of the following:
• Stoke Newington Church Street (15 mins walk away) – lively street COVERED in pubs, coffee shops, trendy brunch spots and anything you could wish for from East London.
• Manor House Underground Station (14 mins walk away – that’s right, you will be near a TUBE STATION IN HACKNEY! (This is basically unheard of…)
Serves the Piccadilly line to zip you across London in quick time, plus it has the night tube on Fridays and Saturdays to save you money on ubers.
• Stamford Hill Overground Stations (8 mins walk) – not quite as well respected as its Underground cousins, the overground is still really useful. This bad boy will get you to Liverpool Street (a Central London hub) in 17 mins, so from the front door you can be in the City in 25 minutes. Bingo bango.
• Finsbury Park, Clissold Park and Abney Park are all a 15 mins walk away. These are all beaut spots for a picnic, run, walk or cycle. Plus Clissold Park has deer AND a butterfly tent, A PADDLING POOL and other wholesome loveliness.
• Other popular East and North London sites (Dalston, London Fields, Broadway Market, Victoria Park, Chatsworth Road, Highbury, etc.) are all a short cycle / bus ride away.
THE NITTY GRITTY
The room is £750 a month + bills; move in date is early-mid October - happy to discuss alternative dates if needs be though 😊.
Please feel free to get in touch if you think you would be a good fit. I will post information about viewings as soon as I can!
- £750 pcm (double)
- Minimum term
- 2 months
- Maximum term
- Short lets considered
- Bills included?
- Disabled access
- Living room
- Broadband included
- # flatmates
- Total # rooms
- Any pets?
- Pub, exploring London, surfing, food, cycling, nights in, nights out, netflix.. etc.
New flatmate preferences
- Couples OK?
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
- Housing Benefit
- Min age
- Max age
- Males or females
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and let us know if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a live in landlord