Room in marchmont flat
We are currently looking for a young professional (m/f/they - all welcome!) to join our flat in Marchmont. Just no students for council tax purposes.
Currently living in the flat is myself (24), my boyfriend Ben (23) and our flatmate Olga (28). Between us we're parts British, French, American Czech and Russian.
Ben's working in hospitality, Olga works for HSBC and I'm just starting a management job in a pub, so we're all pretty busy. We respect each other's space and have a doors open / doors closed policy - if we leave our doors open, please feel free to come and chat / rant etc, but if we need to 'actually work' or want some time away, we just close our doors and leave each other alone.
We like to keep the flat clean and tidy and treat it like our home. We take it in turns to do a full weekly clean so you only have to worry about that once a month and then just make sure to clean and tidy as we go along. We definitely want someone that's going to treat us and our home with the same respect we will treat you!
Ben is big into anything sports, whereas Olga and I like to think we go to the gym but actually we prefer putting a face mask and watching a movie. We all enjoy having good food and drinks together. Olga and Ben cook a fair amount, I bake, and we really like to share with each other. We're not the kind of flat that's going to get angry if you run out of milk and use ours!
We're generally not a party flat. If we have people over it's normally for dinner / some drinks etc, with the exception of halloween, which is always big. However, we don't mind having people over - we just make sure to let each other know what we're doing and do it respectfully. This goes for everything - we talk to each other if we're pissed off and try and just get on as much as possible.
- £550 rent
- £64.40 council tax
- probs around £40 bills but with prices going up in march, I wouldn't be surprised if this goes up. It also depends on usage of course.
- The room is available as soon as you want but no later than the end of February.
- We want to meet you so will arrange for you to visit
- one month's rent required for deposit at the same time as rent is paid, on exchange of keys.
- The room available on the floor plan is room 3
- You would be a lodger, not a tenant. I'm happy to explain this more but ultimately we will treat you like a flatmate, you're just a lodger on paper, this is just good for you to know.
- We want someone who wants to stay till the new year at least.
- Your room has some extra furniture in it that's not in the photo - it has a large chest of drawers and a chair and desk on top of what's in the photo.
- The bathroom has been completely refitted and looks quite different to the photo
- There is now a large dining table in the bay in the living room - we eat here now because it gets the sun. The kitchen table is still there we just don't use it much.
- Flat share
- £550 pcm (double)
- Minimum term
- 6 months
- Maximum term
- Bills included?
- Disabled access
- Living room
- Broadband included
- # flatmates
- Total # rooms
- 23 to 28
- Any pets?
- 2 Females, 1 Male
New flatmate preferences
- Couples OK?
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
- Min age
- Max age
- Males or females
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a live in landlord