Smart spacious postgrad room, Royal Mile 2mins
Available from September, not before, to a suitable postgraduate applicant. The room is Holyrood Road, room 2. Videos available.
All bills included in the price of the rent, which would otherwise be particularly expensive this year.
The room a good shape (almost square) and size, at 14 sq metres and has large south-facing windows which make the room quite sunny. The bed is a 4ft (small) double bed. The furniture is from IKEA including a large desk and a sofa. There is laminate flooring, adjustable blinds and lined curtains.
The room is in a flat to share with three other postgraduate students. There is a large sociable kitchen of 14 sq m to share.
We are registered and Accredited Landlords with Edinburgh City Council: 139281/230/14080. Member of Scottish Association of Landlords: 000732
Please do ask us for a video roll of the whole the flat, which we can send you via a Youtube link. We also have a website, our own site just for our postgrad flats, where you can see more photos and information.
The room and our service are designed with international students in mind. Gas, electricity, internet and other services are included in the rent.
The room has has a good IKEA desk and other furniture as pictured. The bed is a 4ft double. Blinds, curtains, double glazing, private door lock, and central heating radiator with in-room thermostat are included .
Communal facilities within the flat include a kitchen/dining room and a washer drier free to use, large table, fridge freezer and full kitchen facilities. There is also wireless throughout the flat which arrives in the flat at BT Infinity 80MB speed.
There are two bathrooms in the flat, meaning two WCs, two Mira electric showers, between just four persons.
There is secure bike storage inside the building and car parking at the back.
There are also study facilities for any Edinburgh student 2 minutes away at Moray House College library.
The location is central, very close to scenic and cultural amenities
- There are the National Parliament, the Royal Palace and a Royal mountain Park within 5 minutes.
- You are on the edge of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Town with the Royal Mile including the Queen's church and 16C buildings 2 minutes away.
Local shops/facilities are extensive:
- Tesco Express is 30 metres away.
- A 25m swimming pool and several University sports clubs are just 50 metres away.
- The jogging and fell-running routes that start 200 metres away are remarkable for a city centre.
- 10 to 20 University dance societies practice within a few minutes walk
- A large indoor student gyms and sports halls complex of very high quality lies 5 mins way on the Pleasance (the CSE)
Distances for postgraduate teaching
- Education (Moray House) - 100 metres
- Sports Science (St Leonards Land) - 70 metres
- Geography (High School Yards) - 350 metres
- Law School (Old College) - 600 metres
- Music (Alison House) - 700 metres
- Architecture (Minto House) - 800 metres
- Science - the free 10 min shuttle to Kings Buildings is 850 metres
- George Square / Potterow - 950 metres
- Art (Edinburgh College of Art) - 1, 200 metres
- Religion (New College) - 1, 200 metres
We are a small private business with our own website and if you are interested we will ask you to fill out our contact form on our website which would give us the required information.
The room view includes Salisbury Crags to the left, as shown on the photo. There are more photos on our website.
- Flat share
- £179 pw (double)
- 05 Sep 2022
- Minimum term
- 12 months
- Maximum term
- Bills included?
- Disabled access
- Living room
- Broadband included
New flatmate preferences
- Couples OK?
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
- Min age
- Max age
- Males or females
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a live out landlord