Large Furnished Rooms Near Station, Beach & Shops
Please note that this advert is kept updated so there's no need to ask whether a room is still available.
Please read the advert in full before contacting me and if you wanted to arrange a viewing, please provide all of the information requested below within your message to me.
*** THE HOUSE:
* Two large furnished double bedrooms, available immediately in a large, spacious 6 bedroomed house on Beach Road in Lowestoft
* currently occupied by five male residents, all working professionals.
* less than 30 seconds walk to the town centre and Lowestoft Station
* close to sea-front, docks and sandy beach
* 10-15 min walk to Lowestoft College
* Convenience shops, pubs, restaurants and take-aways are minutes away.
* exclusive use of own bedroom with shared use of kitchen/diner, lounge/dining room, garden and two bathrooms
* Only apply if you are house-trained. as all housemates are required to clean up immediately after themselves, including washing dishes, taking out dustbins, etc (on a rota).
* Strictly no smoking allowed in the house for fire safety reasons (the house is fitted with a fire alarm system and all rooms have sensitive smoke detectors fitted), however you are welcome to smoke in the garden provided you dispose of your cigarette ends correctly in the ashtray provided.
* Candles, portable heaters, etc, are also not permitted in the house for fire safety reasons.
*** THE ROOMS, THE RENT AND THE DEPOSIT:
* All bedrooms are large, light and come furnished with a double bed, wardrobe, chair, desk or chest of drawers and shelves/mantelpiece.
* The rent for the rooms (single occupancy only) is as follows:
*** Room 4 - £425.00 per calendar month (equal to £98.08 p/w). Currently occupied but the tenant can move out before someone else moves in.
*** Room 6 - £433.33 per calendar month (equal to £100 p/w). Currently available.
* The rent must be paid monthly in advance and a standing order must be set up with your bank to pay the rent in full each month on or before the due date.
* The deposit required is equal to a month's rent and must be paid in advance, of which an amount equivalent to one weeks rent will be used as a holding deposit to secure the room, pay for the credit checks and referencing and may be forfeited if you decided not to move in for any reason, fail the credit checks or have been found to be dishonest on your application.
* Please note: If you are not in full time, paid, regular employment, or you require a contract that is less than 12 months, the rent may be adjusted by an extra £30-80 per month than the advertised prices to cover additional insurance, legal and other costs. Once you have provided me with full details of your circumstances, I can calculate the exact rent.
* A financial guarantor (a home-owner) will be required for anyone not in regular, full time, permanent paid employment or on a zero-hour contract.
* Standard contracts offered are for 12 or 24 months.
* All applicants will be required to show the correct documents to live and/or work in the UK.
* Only one person per room (no couples or unauthorised overnight guests - as this is a licence condition set by the Council for fire safety reasons).
* Gas, Electricity, Water & Council Tax bills are included in the rent (up to a set amount and subject to a fair use policy - everything must be switched off when leaving the rooms or property. Any extra bills over the set amounts would be shared equally and paid for by the tenants).
*** BOOKING A VIEWING:
* For the safety of the current housemates, all viewings in the first instance will be done virtually by WhatsApp video tour.
* Viewings in person are permitted after the video tour as long as safe social distancing measures are applied and a mask is worn according to current guidelines.
* If you wanted to arrange a viewing, please message me with your full name and mobile number (and ensure that you have the app WhatsApp installed) .
* In your message please also include:
* what you do for a living,
* is it full/part time, paid/voluntary, 0-hour contract, etc?
* your interests (a bit about yourself),
* your current living arrangements,
* how long you're looking to stay (12 or 24 months)
* how soon you are looking to move in.
* details of your financial guarantor if you are not in full time paid employment (a homeowner) or you earn less than 3x the monthly rent.
* Please note car parking is not available.
*** WHAT NEXT AFTER THE VIEWING?
* You'll be dealing directly with me, Mil, the owner/landlord and I am a member of the National Residential Landlords Association and a former member of the Residential Landlords Association and former accredited member of the National Landlords Association. It is very important to me that all prospective housemates are kind, well mannered, considerate and respectful to others to ensure they fit in well and get along.
* After your viewing, if you wanted to move in, you would need to pay the deposit, complete an application and data information form and show documents proving your ID, current address, income and employment (or proof of studies/benefits) in order to carry out the tenancy credit checks and obtain references about you. These normally take 1-2 days to process so please allow enough time for this. (It is not possible to contact me today and move into the accommodation tomorrow, the checks take a few days).
* Please do not apply if you have had any missed/unpaid bills or loans, bad credit or CCJs in the past as it is unlikely that you will pass the credit checks (unless you have a financial guarantor who will need to pass the checks instead).
* You would secure the room with your tenancy deposit payment (which includes the holding deposit equivalent to one weeks rent) by bank transfer which I will place in the government-backed Deposit Protection Service (DPS scheme) and start the credit checks and referencing. Once completed, I will get your contract drawn up (my solicitor normally requires 1-2 days to do this) and you could move in when your 1st months rent has been received and you are happy with your contract.
Hope that all makes sense! Don't delay, get in touch!
- House share
£105 pw(NOW LET)
£105 pw(NOW LET)
£100 pw(NOW LET)
- £99 pw (double)
£105 pw(NOW LET)
- £100 pw (double)
- Minimum term
- 12 months
- Maximum term
- Short lets considered
- Bills included?
- Disabled access
- Living room
- Broadband included
- # housemates
- Total # rooms
- 21 to 49
- Any pets?
- 5 Males
New housemate preferences
- Couples OK?
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
- Min age
- Max age
- Males or females
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a live out landlord