Canalside 2 Bed / 2 Bath Modern Flat w/Balcony
Available from mid-August is a fully furnished 2 bedroom 2 bathroom flat. It's in a modern, canal facing development in Stratford. The flat is a few minutes' walk from Pudding Mill Lane DLR station and about a 12 minute walk from Stratford Station (both Zone 2). You can also walk to Bow Road in about 15 minutes.
I own the flat with my Husband, and we've had the flat for about six years. We haave recently moved out of London, and our lodger is also moving out, hence letting the whole flat. We've really enjoyed living in the area and have decided to keep most of the furniture in the flat given the purchases made were bespoke to its layout (in some cases fully bespoke!).
The flat is open plan and filled with natural light. It was recently redecorated throughout to a high standard, across all rooms. The apartment block is the Lock Building on Stratford High St. It backs onto the Canal. They are building new flats on the other side of the Canal at the moment, but we and our current tenant haven't found that to be particularly annoying.
The building comes with a concierge Monday – Friday who collects parcels etc. Sandra the cleaner comes every Friday which is a nice start to the weekend. She will clean the bedrooms, bathrooms and shared areas, and also iron any shirts/blouses for the next week.
There are two bedrooms.
The master bedroom is large and comes with double-fitted wardrobe; this was ample for me and my husband combined. It is currently furnished with a double bed, mattress, bedside tables and lamps. It also has an ensuite w/shower (which was re-done about 1.5y ago), sink, loo and heated towel rail.
The second bedroom is a small double. It iis currently furnished with a queen bed, matching drawers/shelving/open hanging wardrobe and large mirror.
The family bathroom is opposed the second bedroom. This has a bath, shower, sink, loo and heated towel rail.
In terms of the shared areas, there is a large open plan lounge/kitchen.
The lounge comes furnished with a large designer corner sofa unit with storage and integrated sofabed, occasional chair, lamp/lamp table, and a 2-person dining set (spare chairs stored separately in the flat). There is also a 42" "invisible mounted" Panasonic TV, with Apple TV and a Sky+ box.
The kitchen is set up with integrated washing machine (recently replaced) and smaller size Neff dishwasher, and a large freestanding fridge freezer. There's also an integrated hob/oven/fan, microwave, kettle and toaster. It's currently full of kitchen items too (e. g. cutlery, crockery, pans) which can be left if helpful. We always found the kitchen had more cupboard space than we actually needed, there is a lot. There is also a rotating cocktail cabinet which is awesome(!).
In the hallway there is a large cupboard with shelving where we always put shoes, the hoover, bin etc, then a second cupboard which has the boiler/hot water tank and room for ironing board, suitcases, clothes etc. All of these items (not the shoes!) can be left in the flat. There's also a console table w/drawers, see pictures.
The flat has a balcony looking over the water which has a patio set on. The sun sets that side, and it’s lovely to eat out there in the summer
On the local area and things to do:
- We are well connected into the City and Canary Wharf.
- The Print House is directly opposite - this is a nice bar/restaurant w good food. Does some fun pop up events too.
- The flat looks over to the Olympic stadium, the Olympic park is only a few mins walk away. If you're into cycling, it's only 5 mins to the Velopark (the outdoor road cycling loop is excellent).
- The View Tube does great brunch (just past pudding mill lane station on your way to olympic park, 6-7 min walk)
- Here East @ Hackney Wick is about a 25 min walk. We used to do this most weekends. Is excellent. You've also got Crate, Howling Hops etc slightly closer.
- Victoria park is a ~20 min walk.
- Tesco express on the high st is all of 3-4 min walk, then a big Tesco superstore at Bow is ~10 min walk via Three Mills which is surprisingly pretty. Big Waitrose and M&S food both at Westfield, which is about 12 mins.
- You can be on the canal in a minute or two then walk all the way to Canary Wharf via Limehouse etc, is another nice walk to do.
We will be doing viewings w/c 3 August in person. In the meantime hopefully the photos are helpful!
Happy to put you in touch with a previous tenant.
Potential Buddy Ups
£1,575 pcm (whole property)
Suggested rent split
- Double room
- £850 pcm (en suite)
- Double room
- £725 pcm
- Minimum term
- 12 months
- Maximum term
- Security deposit
- Disabled access
New tenant preferences
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and let us know if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a live out landlord