A successful company is like a flatshare - it’s the people that make it work
Are you looking for a rewarding job? With over 3 million visits per month, we’re the UK’s leading flat and house share website. We’re in the top 10 UK property sites and the top 500 sites overall for UK traffic.
Over 10,000 people attend our London SpeedFlatmating events every year and we took the events to New York in 2012. SpareRoom New York launched in the autumn of 2011.
In 2012 we won two awards - Best Specialist Website and Best Customer Service - at the UK Landlord & Letting Awards, and in 2013 our founder and MD was named by Tech City Insider as “one of the top 100 people who are making digital London tick”.
The pioneering online business that has transformed the
way people look for somewhere to live
- Daily Express
Life at SpareRoom
SpareRoom’s staff are a diverse bunch of creative individuals who enjoy being part of a small team that packs a big punch.
We have two offices — our main one in the centre of Macclesfield (20 mins to Manchester or 1 hour 40 to London) and another in London’s trendy Spitalfields, a stone’s throw from the heart of Tech City. Both offer a relaxed and friendly working environment in light and open plan offices. Apart from it being an enjoyable place to work, SpareRoom offers a range of additional benefits such as sports membership contributions and extra holidays the longer you work for us.
Could this be you?
We’re looking for talented and enthusiastic individuals to add to our growing team, and to help us help millions of people find somewhere new to live. If you are creative and hard working, you will see your ideas having a direct effect on SpareRoom and how it develops.
We have the following roles available:
Customer Service Advisor (Macclesfield)
Our award winning Customer Service Advisors provide outstanding support to SpareRoom's 4 million registered users. They also handle compliance and maintenance duties as well as identifying and resolving issues on the site.
You’ll be part of a busy team who work hard but who have fun along the way and are renowned for excellent service.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong customer focus and able to deliver great service, both individually and as part of a team.
- Experience in web or IT customer service or graduate with ability to prove relevant transferable knowledge and skills.
- Confident and positive personality with excellent communication skills.
- Able to clearly communicate technical information to non-technical people, both orally and in writing.
- Computer literate with experience of e-mail and the Internet plus a reasonable standard of typing. Touch typing isn't a necessity but would be an advantage.
- We're an online service so regular internet use and knowledge will go a long way.
Assistant site moderator (Macclesfield)
Spareroom.co.uk are the UK's number 1 flat share website and are looking to recruit an Assistant Site Moderator to meet the growing needs of the business. The full time position will involve using a purpose built system to investigate suspicious adverts with the aim of preventing attempted scams or misuse of our site services. At times the position may also require liaising with external authorities and supporting other departments within the company.
Responsibilities and duties:
- To investigate and take appropriate action on reports of suspicious adverts.
- To provide information and advice to other departments and customers in relation to scam detection.
- To assist in developing, monitoring and implementing processes to aid scam detection and prevent future instances.
- Maintain information records and collate data to aid future investigations.
- Ensure advert content including photos and videos meet the terms and conditions of the website.
- Complete individual customer verifications and tenant reference requests.
- Assist with the completion of DPA requests from relevant authorities.
- The ability to demonstrate a high level of analytical understanding, an eye for detail and strong computer skills.
- Initiative when working alone and as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence others.
Experience and Education:
- The role involves some interaction with customers and may suit someone with a background in customer services. Any of the following may also be relevant: Financial services/E commerce fraud detection, Copy editing, Bookkeeping.
- The successful candidate should be educated to A-Level or equivalent standard, a degree would be beneficial but is not essential.
- You should be a regular and savvy internet user, understanding commonly used terminology and demonstrating an ability to recognise fake websites or scam emails.
Get in touch
Send us your CV and tell us why the SpareRoom team needs you: jobs at spareroom dot co dot uk
Where we are
SpareRoom’s main office is in Macclesfield, a historic market town surrounded by stunning Cheshire countryside and a short train ride from Manchester (it’s only an hour and 40 minutes from London). Our second office is in London, which is London - need we say more?