A successful company is like a flatshare - it’s the people that make it work
Are you looking for a rewarding job? With over 3 million visits per month, we’re the UK’s leading flat and house share website. We’re in the top 10 UK property sites and the top 500 sites overall for UK traffic.
Over 10,000 people attend our London SpeedFlatmating events every year and we took the events to New York in 2012. SpareRoom New York launched in the autumn of 2011.
In 2012 we won two awards - Best Specialist Website and Best Customer Service - at the UK Landlord & Letting Awards, and in 2013 our founder and MD was named by Tech City Insider as “one of the top 100 people who are making digital London tick”.
The pioneering online business that has transformed the
way people look for somewhere to live
- Daily Express
Life at SpareRoom
SpareRoom’s staff are a diverse bunch of creative individuals who enjoy being part of a small team that packs a big punch.
We have two offices — our main one in the centre of Macclesfield (20 mins to Manchester or 1 hour 40 to London) and another in London’s trendy Spitalfields, a stone’s throw from the heart of Tech City. Both offer a relaxed and friendly working environment in light and open plan offices. Apart from it being an enjoyable place to work, SpareRoom offers a range of additional benefits such as sports membership contributions and extra holidays the longer you work for us.
Could this be you?
We’re looking for talented and enthusiastic individuals to add to our growing team, and to help us help millions of people find somewhere new to live. If you are creative and hard working, you will see your ideas having a direct effect on SpareRoom and how it develops.
We have the following roles available:
Part-time Outbound Customer Services Representative - Temporary Position
(Macclesfield, Cheshire) £8.50
Are you looking for a rewarding job? Love talking to people? Looking for something a bit different? We're currently seeking talented and enthusiastic individuals to increase growth in our US flatshare and rentals market. You'll be keen to learn about new products and services and have a passion for communicating these to new customers.
Working from a contact list, your role will be to contact potential US customers based in the Los Angeles area and explain how we can help them to advertise their properties.
We are looking for candidates able to work 5.30 to 9pm, approximately 4 or 5 days a week (Monday to Friday). This position is based on a three month contract but there may be scope for this to be extended dependent on business requirements.
You'll be supported by our award-winning Customer Services Team who work hard but who have fun along the way and are renowned for excellent service!
This sales role is varied and will involve using both in-house and well known computer systems so a keen understanding of standard office-based software would be needed.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Confident in identifying and calling prospective leads.
- Driven and results oriented.
- Desire to create success.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Experience in web or IT customer service and ability to build a rapport with customers.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong listening skills.
- Strong interest in learning about and eager to sell new products and services.
- Well organised, efficient and good in execution.
- Previous background in B2C telesales / telemarketing an advantage.
- We're an online service so regular internet use and knowledge will go a long way.
Responsibilities and duties:
- To help grow brand awareness in the US market by securing content for our site.
- To create and maintain a contact list and activity log
Knowing the benefits of using out site will be the key to your success and full product training will be given from the start.
We are looking for the right people to support our business, who will grow with us and help us to achieve more. For these reasons, we are looking for candidiates who can deomonstrate the below qualities:
- Shows integrity and is polite and courteous at all times.
- Is commited to providing excellent service.
- Cares about costomers, colleagues and the business.
- Has a confident, positive and upbeat personality.
- Is continuously developing.
- Demonstrates high energy and eagerness to learn.
- A commited team player.
- A great communicator.
- Motivates and inspires others within their team.
Get in touch
Send us your CV and tell us why the SpareRoom team needs you: jobs at spareroom dot co dot uk
Where we are
SpareRoom’s main office is in Macclesfield, a historic market town surrounded by stunning Cheshire countryside and a short train ride from Manchester (it’s only an hour and 40 minutes from London). Our second office is in London, which is London - need we say more?