You are here:
Info & advice For sharers Flat Share Home Contents & Shared House Contents Insurance

Flat Share Home Contents & Shared House Contents Insurance


  • Find potential buddy ups to share this property with   (?)

Our book, The Essential Guide to Flatsharing, is in shops now!

When you've found a new place, it's easy to get excited about the move. But what if your new flatshare or houseshare gets broken into and your stuff goes missing?

You may not think you need to worry about contents insurance, but it's an important part of the move-in process.

Most insurers will either decline people living in shared accommodation or put extra exclusions on their policy, because there's more risk in sharing with strangers when it comes to possessions. Not only do you need to trust these people you don't know very well, their friends also have access to the property when they visit.

Specialist insurers Endsleigh offer a range of shared house content insurance options, which may well suit your needs. These are all specially created for people living in shared accommodation, be that flatshares, houseshares or even students in shared accommodation. Endsleigh's cover does with lots of extra benefits, including:

  • Tenant's Liability Insurance (helps protect your deposit in case you damage your landlord's fixtures and fittings)
  • 24 hr laptop and mobile phone replacement
  • If you move house, your policy an move with you

See which option best suits your needs and click through for a free quote.

Shared contents insurance

If you've got some stuff you care about this will suit you, and is specially created for people in shared houses and flatshares. It helps to protect your deposit too, by covering your landlord's fixtures and fittings.

You have the option of insuring:

  • Just you in a shared property
  • You and a partner in a shared property
  • All residents in a shared property

Get a free Shared contents insurance quote

Student possessions insurance

Recommended by the NUS, Endsleigh's cover includes the contents of your room + laptop + mobile phone, whether you live in university accommodation or privately rented shared housing. They also promise to replace your laptop & mobile within 24 hrs.

Get a free Student possessions insurance quote

Gadget insurance

If you care about your gadgets and nothing else, you can opt to insure up to 10 on a single gadget policy. This normally works out much cheaper than paying for insurance through your mobile phone provider, for example, and covers loss as well as the usual theft and accidental damage as standard. Plus, your mobile and laptop will be replaced within 24 hours. Includes cover for iPhones.

Get a free Gadget insurance quote

For more information, see our book "The Essential Guide to Flatsharing", available in all good bookshops now. Buy now from

Help topics

Need any help?

If you need any help, our award winning customer services team are here from 9am until 9pm Monday - Friday and 10am until 8pm at weekends. Please call us on:

01625 666 750 or Contact us by email